Finding the best sciatica treatment can be an overwhelming task. Does chiropractic care Denver work for sciatica? Most patients have difficulty understanding that sciatica is a symptom and not a disease and when misguided may often be perplexed by the entire treatment process. In cases such as these, where the patient does not actively participate in the pain management process; the results of the chosen sciatica treatment may often time be disappointing, if not a complete failure.
The best course is always to consult the proper doctor and at the same time, collect as much information as you can with regards to your kind of back pain, a joint effort such as this will result in a better prognosis and a pain-free back.
Sciatica Treatment At Home
Here are some sciatica treatment options to consider for sciatica treatment at home:
- Healthy sleep habits play a significant role in recovery. It is often difficult to get sleep, when suffering from back pain, especially since the pain can intensify at night.
- Try to indulge in a warm bath before bedtime, and practice relaxation techniques.
- You can help promote sleep, avoid caffeine in the afternoon and evening.
- Chiropractic Denver CO for Sciatica Treatment
- Lying curled up in a fetal position and a pillow between your knees or lying back on the pillow under the knees can help.
Applying heat by way of heat packs, up to 100 degrees C can be very useful, and can be more effective than pain killer pills. Many studies have found that people with back pain that has adapted the treatment of using heat packs for 8 hours a day directly on the site of pain have significantly less pain and discomfort.
- Some doctors recommend changing from hot to cold (ice packs) every 3 minutes and repeat this sequence three times. Some experts believe ice packs should be used first. This routine must be made two or three times during the day.
- Back support corsets, belts, or braces can temporarily help some people, but these products may reduce the muscle tone of time and should be used only for a short time.
Supplements that contain calcium, vitamin B12 and magnesium have shown significant help in treating sciatica.
Over-the-counter pain medication, usually anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin or ibuprofen (Demerol and codeine) often bring about significant relief benefits. Muscle relaxants may be helpful for some patients, but their benefits are uncertain. Once started, the relaxant must be taken at regular intervals in order to remain effective so be cautious with this option.
Another option you can do is doing the sciatica treatment exercises. This is one of the best and natural ways of sciatica treatment. These exercises are really helpful in relieving the pain of sciatica once it occurs and even stops the occurrence of such pain if often done.
Watch this video
Acupuncture and Massage Therapy
Acupuncture is a Chinese therapy that balances the life forces of the body to promote good health. Like massage therapy, it relaxes the nerve muscles to relieve pain.
How can a chiropractic Care Denver help you?
- Perform a test on the lumbar and sacral area determining the cause of sciatic pain.
- Correct realignment of L4, L5 vertebrae, and sacral segments.
- Very precise adjustments are made for the elimination of pressure on the sciatic nerve.
Benefits of Chiropractic care for Sciatica
- It lines the spine and pelvis, eliminating pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Helps eliminate the pain caused by sciatica.
- Increases pelvic stability, allowing discs, ligaments, and muscles to recover.
Active Release Chiropractic Care Help Improve Sciatica Pain
Chiropractic adjustments along with active release technique (ART) are effective in relieving sciatica. According to a recent report published in USA journal, about 90% of patients undergoing chiropractic care Denver showed a significant improvement in sciatica pains.
At Denver Chiropractic Center we wish you the best of sciatic pain, and for this, we offer you a free information session so you know how chiropractic care can help you.